I am a newbie

0:46

 © Mark Jensen. This is my neighbourhood: Nørrebro. I love it so much!! It reminds me a bit of London and Madrid. If you look carefully you might find something a bit "out of control" (aka: spontaneity). What I still don't quite get is why the Lakes is the first thing people point out when I tell them where I live... I think I still need time to see what's beautiful about them.


I have decided to take up my blog again for many reasons... Not, not really. Only three:
  • I need to practice my writing. (Uni is helping but I do not quite enjoy writing about Colonialism really)
  • I recently moved to a new city, so, so, really so far away from what I knew. Trust me, this is another world to me. 
  • I am working on a project about cultural encounters between Cubans and Danes in where I have come across with stories I feel so related to.
  • (I need to practice my writing.- This is the main reason, really.)


At first, this was going to be a dramatic blog post about the countless cultural mishaps I have experienced (My Daniel Linch playlist on Spotify is not helping that much really...such an emotional music, for Christ's sake!), but, you know what? That is pointless and depressing. And whoever knows me I can't be bothered to be sad, it's draining and have no time for it. Instead, I have decided to focus on all the amazing experiences I am living here, write about them and about the famous hygge thing if I ever get to know what the actual hell that is. (I mean, people seriously, that thing has to be something beyond staying indoors next to the fireplace -aka stove-)
Ok, now more seriously, this is the thing: many of my friends worldwide have asked me how is it to be Ecuadorian in Denmark? What are the Danish habits/customs I find most shocking? How do I cope with my obsession with hugging people I just met? (hahaha, what?!) Do I still dance here? Have I managed to find a dancing partner? Is it true Nordic guys like South Americans? (no...not really) Does summer even exist here? (haha, come on! it does!), etc, etc.
Well, I think it is time to document this adventure on my blog.

Today, after four months living in Copenhagen I can say that this has been the most challenging experience of my short life. CHALLENGING AS FUCK. It is being magnificent, though a tough journey full of wtf situations (in the best and worst way). I want to let them all out of my chest and write them down, hopefully, one day, they will result helpful for other newbies, like me.

I was going to end this post with a super classic Danish song (for real), but I think it's better if I post my May music playlist, which is a mix of everything you can imagine. It's like me. (a mess maybe?)


EpilogueLately, my mum (in Spain) and my sister (in Ecuador) have said to me that this life is made for those who are brave enough to face it. (It frecking is, god dammin!). So, I have recently added this slogan to my Lifes's mottos list.


You Might Also Like

0 comments